I love golden milk on occasion. It is so anti-inflammatory, calming, I love the earthiness of turmeric and sometimes it’s just nice to have a thicker drink!
Occasionally I’ll throw in some cinnamon or something but recently a friend introduced me to a hand scrawled “not recipe” a friend had given to her which was basically turmeric and a bunch of spice options. Like, dump the cupboard in. I decided to take it one step further as I love my mushrooms and added some lovely chaga, lion’s mane and dōTERRA On Guard. I have fiddled with this and used both organic spices and essential oils and I find you can do either. The spices leave you more silt in the bottom of the cup whereas the ingestible essential oils leave the drink with a cleaner mouthfeel… but you must control your drops! I get my organic spices from Azure Standard & Misfits Market. I have included the bulk of the ingredients to this recipe in my Wellevate Dispensary here.
Turmeric & chaga are both great as gut healing tonics because of their anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and potent healing properties… and one search of ncbi articles will pull up a host of benefits. For an easier read, check out Dr. Axe’s articles here for turmeric, and here for chaga.
Here is my recipe + optional add ins!
Spiced Golden Milk Latte 💛
- Milk Frother or Blender
Use organic ingredients if you can
- 2-3 tsp Turmeric
- 2-3 tsp Chaga mushroom powder
- 1/3 tsp lions mane mushroom or 1 scoop OM Mushroom Master Blend
- 1/2-1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon less toxic
- 1 tbsp scoop Bulletproof Keto Creamer or Dr. Mercola MCT + Grass Fed Butter Creamer
- 1 tbsp scoop vital proteins collagen optional
- 1/8 tsp pure monkfruit powder or 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup.
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1-2 drops dōTERRA On Guard
Add any mix of the following spices:
- Dash Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- Dash Nutmeg mace for AIP
- Dash Anise
- Pinch Cardamom
- Pinch Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ginger if you’re not allergic like me!
OR Essential Oil Options:
- 1-2 drops Cassia or Cinnamon Bark
- 1 drop Cardamom
- 1 drop Cloves
- 2-3 drops Turmeric
- Mix with a frother or blend and enjoy!