I have a small obsession with mint. So does my whole family… so something like this would be dangerous if it were not so flipping healthy! It takes only about 5 minutes to whip up and then you have to let it chill in the fridge for a couple of hours, churn it in an ice cream maker, and then let chill in the freezer for a couple more hours. But it is worth the wait, I promise. I get BPA free coconut milk from Whole Foods and flavor it with NOW Mint Chlorophyll from Wellevate and dōTERRA Peppermint, which is the cleanest tasting peppermint I have tried for flavoring desserts, chocolates and hot drinks!
Give it a shot and let me know what you think!
Drizzle with keto dark chocolate or top with keto chocolate chips!
Peppermint Coconut Ice Cream
Keto & Paleo friendly peppermint ice cream colored with mint chlorophyll & enhanced with dōTERRA Peppermint essential oil.
- Ice Cream Maker
- 4 cups coconut milk or cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp monk fruit powder or 1 tsp if you leave out alternative sweetener
- 2 tbsp chicory root sweetener/just like sugar optional
- 1 tbsp beef gelatin
- 1-2 tsp vegetable glycerine
- 1-2 tsp vodka optional, to prevent ice crystals
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp NOW Mint Liquid Chlorophyll
- 4 drops dōTERRA Peppermint
- Heat the coconut cream in a saucepan to 175ºF
- Add sweeteners while whisking
- Add beef gelatin while whisking
- Add glycerine and whisk
- Separate eggs and whisk the yolks
- Scoop out about a half cup of the hot coconut cream and start to drizzle it into the egg yolks while whisking. Keep adding until you have combined them. Repeat with another half cup of cream until eggs are fully tempered.
- Add the cream and egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan of cream and whisk.
- Add vanilla and whisk.
- Pour contents into a heat safe dish and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour into ice cream maker and set/churn for 20 minutes. Add Chlorophyll & dōTERRA Peppermint to the mix and then secure the lid.
Alternatively you can freeze it and pull it out every twenty minutes to stir it until it is set, or pour into popsicle molds.