This is an easy tomato soup enriched with bone broth. I can’t do nightshades so it is not for me, but it is one of those quick meals my family loves served up with gluten free or Einkorn grilled cheese Vegemite sandwiches.
- 1 white onion
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil or ghee
- 1-2 tsp pink salt
- 4-6 cloves garlic or 1-2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp provincial spices or Italian herbs
- 1 tsp roasted granulated garlic
- 2 cups chicken bone broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups 1 container BPA free San Marzano or organic tomatoes
- Dice onion and sauté in pan with coconut oil or ghee.
- Add garlic, herbs, salt and sauté until browning (about 5 minutes)
- Add broth, tomatoes and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Remove to high powered blender and puree until smooth.