This seems like such a simple recipe to me it’s almost silly to post… but It is one of the main beverages I make in place of coffee-coffee-coffee-coffee-coffee… like i used to drink. I begin my day with a tablespoon of Rasa Bold and filled with organic swiss water decaf in my stovetop espresso maker, but after lunch I don’t even want to add even a little caffeine. Caffeine has a 12 hour half life so it’s still in your system at midnight if you drink it at noon. That was fine when I was young but not now!
So when I make my kids and I some keto hot cocoa to soothe the homeschool day I do it two ways. For them, I like to use either chocolate collagen, froth and then add milk, or Keto MCT + Collagen like this one. Sometimes I’ll add medicinal mushrooms to theirs too… but I ALWAYS add it to mine. These mushrooms are anti-inflammatory, brain boosting & immune regulating. Not to mention they give you a boost of clean energy and help your body adapt to stresses. Hence why we call them adaptogens.
I have a creamer that I make myself that consists of coconut milk powder, MCT powder, collagen and Lion’s Mane. You can leave out the collagen if you’re vegan, but I like the extra hit of protein and the froth that comes with it. We have the frother that comes with this starter set.
For the Cocoa, I use either Orgain keto + mct cocoa with my creamer and a scoop of OM Mushroom Master Blend and then froth it with a couple drops of dōTERRA Peppermint… (dōTERRA ingestible oils are marked with a nutritional label) or of late I have favored Ancient Nutrition Elixer Superfood Cocoa, which is a keto hot cocoa with MCT (no collagen), Ashwaganda, Reishi and Chaga mushrooms for stress reduction, immune boosting power and metabolism support. It’s sooo good. Pro
What’s your favorite afternoon pick me up?
PS. if you’d like more tonics, subscribe to emails and you’ll get 3 Health Guides in your inbox! I also have plenty included in my 30 Day Gut Fix.
Adaptogen Keto Hot Cocoa with Peppermint
- Stick Milk Frother
My dairy free keto creamer (mixed ahead of time)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk powder
- 1/3 cup Vital Proteins Collagen
- 1/3 cup MCT Oil Powder
- 1-2 Tbsp Lion’s Mane Powder
For the Cocoa:
- 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition Elixir OR Organ Keto MCT + Collagen Chocolate
- 1-2 Tbsp keto creamer
- 1 scoop OM Mushroom Master Blend
- 2 drops dōTERRA Peppermint
- 1 cup boiled water divided
For the Keto Creamer:
- I tend to eyeball it... but add ingredients to a jar, approximately in thirds and then add the lion’s mane, secure the lid and shake to mix.
For the Cocoa:
- Add the dry ingredients and peppermint oil to the mug, fill half way with hot water and froth with a frother wand. Fill the rest of the way with hot water and enjoy!