’Tis the season for pumpkin spice! I’m not a big fan of pumpkin spice lattes because I am a coffee purist, but I do love a good pumpkin smoothie! I have boosted it with a powerful immune modulator, modified citrus pectin, as it is an extremely powerful immune modulator, detoxifier and supports cardiovascular and cellular health as well as helps with a myriad of issues from autoimmunity to arthritis. I use EcoNugenics (PectaSol-C) and it is available in my Wellevate Dispensary. It doesn’t taste like much so blends into everything. I also love putting it in my evening calming drink to help with detoxification while I sleep.
I generally love boosters in my smoothie, so I add gelatinized red Maca from The Maca Team for women’s hormonal balance & OM Master Mushroom blend for inflammation, immune boosting and zapping brain fog. I like to use dōTERRA ingestible essential oils in my smoothies for maximum health benefits but feel free to use spices from your cupboard. Pumpkin is gentle on the gut as well as tasty so this is a favorite for fall post workout recovery shakes, breaking my fast or a quick lunch after homeschooling.
What’s your favorite smoothie? What nutritive boosters do you like to add?
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- High Powered blender
- 1 cup ice
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2-3 drops dōTERRA Cassia or 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 drops dōTERRA Clove or dash cloves
- 1-2 drops dōTERRA Cardamom you can use cardamom or nutmeg
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp coconut kefir yogurt
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Bone Broth Protein* I use Ancient Nutrition
- 1 scoop PectaSol-C*
- 1 scoop OM Master Mushroom Blend
- 1-3 tsp Gelatinized Red Maca
- Blend in a high powered blender until smooth and serve topped with sprouted pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts or cinnamon!
Wellevate Dispensary: Ancient Nutrition Vanilla Bone Broth Protein & Plant Protein, EcoNugenics Modified Citrus Pectin, OM Master Mushroom Blend
The Maca Team: Gelatinized Red Maca
*Available in my Wellevate store.