We were a fairly sick household in February. I say fairly because it was not all at once but one at a time… thank you suppressed immune system…
When I finally fell to a cold my lovely friend Heather delivered the ingredients for her amazing immunity drink, which up until then I had only ever had at her home! It’s so yummy! And considering you’re literally drinking lemon peels, ginger and turmeric there is not much to stand against it.
You can mix it with either Effer-C or C-BioFizz (I prefer the former as it’s less stevia sweet) to get a lovely fizzy lemon-ginger-turmeric drink which is perfect for starting the day with an immune boost.
Heather's Lemon-Ginger-Turmeric Immunity Drink
I love this immunity drink! And considering you're literally drinking lemon peels, ginger and turmeric there is not much to stand against it.
- High Powered blender I use a vitamix
- 4 organic lemons
- 4" piece organic fresh ginger
- 4" piece organic fresh turmeric
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp effervescent vitamin C drink like C-BioFizz or Effer-C
- 1-2 cups filtered water, boiled
- Wash and cut/dice your lemons, ginger and turmeric
- add to vitamix with about a cup of water
- blend until pureed
- pour into a baking sheet with unbleached parchment and spread evenly
- freeze for 4 hours
- slice into squares, break apart and store in a silicone zip bag or glass freezer safe dish
For the drink:
- add 1-2 cubes to a mug with 1 tsp effervescent vitamin C
- pour in boiling water half way and froth, then top up with more hot water