Preheating the oven to 425°F is important when baking with cast iron, and I find removes the need for parchment paper. But remember to lower it to 350°F before you bake!
Keto Pumpkin Bread (Banana, Apple)
- Cast iron bread pan
- Coconut or avocado oil spray for the pan optional, but it helps get the bread out
- 3 large organic free range or pastured eggs
- 1 cup pure organic pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pure monk fruit powder I like SmartMonk*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups blanched finely ground almond flour 8 oz**
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda I like Pure Organic brand
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder or ground and is optional, but helps with rise in gluten free and keto/paleo baking
- Preheat your cast iron loaf pan in the oven at 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, monk powder, cinnamon, psyllium husk, salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Gradually add the almond flour, switching from a whisk to a spoon as batter thickens.
- Spray the heated pan on the bottom with coconut oil (I use a liquid coconut oil in a Sally's organics bottle)
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the batter to the heated pan. Smooth out the top.
- Bake the bread at 350°F until browned and set, and a toothpick inserted in its center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. (35 minutes in a convection oven)
- With hot pads, tip the bread from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack or cutting board.
- Cool the bread for 10-20 minutes on the cooling rack. Slice and serve.