This is a great soup for recipes or as a standalone. I like it as is… but it is more attractive with a garnish or a sauce. One day I’ll update this with a prettier photo but for now, the basics. I love mushrooms, personally, but I am not a fan of lots of creams in my food and can’t tolerate them now anyway! This takes about 10 – 15 minutes start to finish if you already have the bone broth at hand.
Cream of Mushroom Soup
- High Powered Blender or Immersion Blender
- 8 oz organic mushrooms: button or shirataki variety sliced
- 1 organic white onion chopped
- 2-3 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp ghee avocado oil or refined coconut oil
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme Italian spices, herbs de Provence or parsley
- 2 cups bone broth or organic vegetable stock
- Sautee the onions first in oil or ghee until they begin to caramelize.
- Add the garlic and spices and sauté 2-3 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and sauté 2-3 minutes
- Add the salt and pepper
- Add the bone broth or vegetable stock, simmer for a few minutes and then blend with immersion blender or transfer to high powered blender and puree until smooth.