This is my evening calming drink. I use Calm Gut Magnesium because it has probiotics as well as magnesium glycinate which is particularly good for deep sleep. I often combine two types, glycinate and citrate, the latter of which is a bowel mover and can be important if doing a gut protocol because it helps move stool along, carrying parasitic organisms with it in a gentle mimosa pudica protocol. Feel free to use magnesium of choice, I also like Calm Calmful Muscles as well as Kirkman Labs Magnesium Citrate, all available in my Wellevate Dispensary, as well as WholeFoods365 Magnesium Citrate. I avoid sugars as that is counterproductive if your aim is healthy sleep. If you go with one of the latter magnesium choices I recommend adding a temperature stable probiotic or taking one before bed.
I use Modified Citrus Pectin from EcoNugenics (PectaSol-C) as it is an extremely powerful immune modulator, detoxifier and supports cardiovascular and cellular health. It doesn’t taste like much so blends into everything. Available in my Wellevate Store. I have linked a frother below but I use the one from MUD/WTR and so far it has been the best I’ve used.
If you would like me to send you a Wellevate recommendation with these ingredients send me a message here.
Getting off screens in the evening will help with sleep and allow your body to release serotonin naturally and will allow your body relax and drift off to sleep. Blue light suppresses serotonin.
Cheers to good sleep,
Calming Nighttime Drink
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 tsp Calm Gut Magnesium*
- 1 scoop EcoNugenics Pecta-SolC modified citrus pectin
- 2 Pumps Quicksilver Scientific Liposomal Glutathione
- 1-3 tsp diatomaceous earth for gut cleansing protocol only
- Boil the kettle and start with MCP, diatomaceous earth and magnesium citrate.
- Add 1/2 cup hot water and mix with frother.
- Add 1/2 cup cold water, then add the Calm Gut Magnesium or probiotics.
- Mix with frother
- Drink slowly and enjoy a good book