This recipe is perfect for Fall and pumpkin spice cravings! I personally am not a fan of pumpkin spice lattes but definitely indulge in my fair share of pumpkin pie & pumpkin spice baked goods throughout the Autumn.
You can make it dairy free simply by omitting the ghee, but personally I love it that way.
Pumpkin Spice Paleo Scones
- 2 cups / 225g almond flour
- ⅓ cup / 60g allulose OR 3/4 tsp pure monk fruit powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 Tbsp ghee or grass fed butter optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius / 350° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the dry ingredients - almond flour, erythritol, baking powder and salt - in a bowl.
- Add the melted ghee, pumpkin purée, vanilla and egg. Stir into the dry ingredients until a dough forms.
- Form a ball and place onto a baking pan lined with unbleached parchment paper. Flatten into a disc shape, about 1 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges and move the pieces about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden. Let cool completely in the pan - these scones are fragile when hot but they firm up as they cool down.