I have been driving all over town lately looking for the new Lily’s Pumpkin Spice Baking Chips. Several stores listed them as in stock but upon arrival, alas they were not. Oh well. My dream of black pumpkin spice cookies for the moment is not to be… but for you, maybe! Instead, I used Lily’s Butterscotch chips and am extremely pleased with the results. They taste how I feel Halloween should! They are also kid and grandpa approved (the latter one is a BIG deal as my father rarely puts anything in his mouth he doesn’t know he will enjoy… and my keto treats are suspect. He also does not like chocolate so I had to assure him they were not! The dark color comes from using black tahini! They are so yummy. And since I have trouble still with coconut flour for some reason (uh… carb sensitivity!) they are also free from that as I use sesame flour. Keto and paleo flours are tricky to work with so I rely on scoops to dispense my dough. Also they often do not spread out with baking so be sure to press them down before you bake. Even trickier are some of the keto baking chips I have worked with. These have a very low baking temperature to prevent the butterscotch chips from disintegrating… making a bit of a sad mess. But because they are not baked hard, you need to wait at least 10 minutes for them to cool before eating them. (Not that I did!)
I hope you enjoy them!
Black Tahini Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- 1.5 tsp konjac root powder in 3/4 cup water 3 “eggs”
- 3/4 cup black tahini
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp pure monk extract powder slightly heaping
- 6 scoops Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup Sesame Flour I use Kevala
- Pour 3/4 cup water into a bowl, add konjac root powder and whisk together. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add black tahini, monkfruit, baking soda, pink salt, vanilla and cinnamon and mix.
- Add collagen and sesame flour and fold together with a spoon.
- Fold in Lily’s chips
- Form into balls and flatten (I use a medium Jenaluca scoop)
- Bake in preheated oven at 225°F for 10 min (for butterscotch chips)*
- Remove and let cool.
1 thought on “Black Tahini Butterscotch Cookies (Keto)”